Sunday, August 21, 2011

Goodbyes feel the same in every language

As many of you have seen and heard, I am having a really hard time dealing with homesickness and adjusting to my new life in Honduras.  I have been praying and praying for God to comfort me, and He answered a small piece of my prayer this morning.

Today was my first Sunday experiencing my new church home and it was phenomenal!  It is truly a beautiful sight to see hands lifted and voices raised in a different language singing out to our God.  At the beginning of the service, a young lady in the band was asked to come up on stage with her mother.  This young lady was leaving to go to school in New Mexico.  I saw both the excitement and sadness on her face, and those emotions are all too familiar.  Also, Pastor Peter (my head boss) and Mrs. Tyanne's son, Josh, is moving to Orlando this upcoming week.  Their family has lived in Honduras for the last 20 years and Josh's wife, Anna, is a native of Honduras.  With today being their last Sunday at the church, there were many tears and emotions.  I was able to see that people all over the world are seeking God's will for their lives and are making big decisions.  For the past few days, I have felt so alone in that thought.  People kept telling me that I was brave for making the decision to move to Honduras, but I didn't see it as bravery until I got here.  It is a terrifying, lonely, exciting, humbling, and every other emotion all at the same time.  God was awesome in showing me that people all over the world have or will experience the same emotions that I am experiencing.

My prayer is that God reminds me of why I am here and that I can look past my own fears and find comfort in God' promises.

<3 Lauren

Yes, I can see a light that is coming
For the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me


No comments:

Post a Comment