Really Awesome Honduras Experiences:
- Hello beans! I am finally embracing the beans in this country...delicious and nothing like what they have in the states.
- Never a dull moment when driving. Our car situation is definitely one to laugh about. We have a beaten up old Suzuki Samurai that is on its last leg. I was laughing hysterically today while riding in it because I would be mortified to drive it in the states, but love it here. I will get pictures for you!
- New friends. Bobby, Julie, and Dom have kept me somewhat sane. When we are all together, there is nothing but constant laughter. This is the best blessing!
- The kids. I have never met kids who are so quick to love. Before they even knew my name, the kids ran up and hugged me. Even though I only teach 5th and 6th grade, every student makes you feel loved. For these children to have experienced so many horrific and tragic things in their lives, they love with everything they have.
- Constant encouragement. God bless everyone here because they have had to listen to my crying everyday but haven't complained once. They have done nothing but encourage me and have kept me busy. We really are a family here...we do everything together and I am so very thankful for that.
And not only you, but anyone who sacrifices home, family, fields - whatever - because of me will get it all back a hundred times over, not to mention the considerable bonus of eternal life.