Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Preparing


I’ve wanted to write for days, but I’m having a hard time placing my feelings.  4 days and I will be home…in my house…with my family…able to drive my car…have freedom.  It’s funny how I relate all of those things to “freedom” because as time has gone on, I have come to experience true freedom in a much larger aspect, and it has nothing to do with driving a car.

I have spent the last two weeks starting and now finishing the goodbye process.  Last week, I treated my girl’s group to dinner in the city (a first for many of them) and said my goodbyes to them.  I said goodbye to the last time of being with all my students in our classroom.  On Sunday, I said goodbye to the many faces I have become to love at church.  Yesterday, which has been the hardest day so far, I said goodbye to my gang village family.  As I was sitting around with the village ladies, eating the delicious chop suey they prepared for my going-away, I felt completely overwhelmed with awe and gratitude.  With each passing day, I discover a little more about the beauty and graciousness of Christ.  Honduras has changed me…forever.  I am so thankful that I am no longer the person I was before.  I will not give all the details yet…I’m saving those for my final post.

Looking back on my first posts, I came across this statement, “Words are few, but emotions are many.”  Still trying to make sense of my feelings in so many ways.  One thing I know for sure, God is good!  I ask that you pray for me as I finish this chapter of my life.  Never has God been more alive than He is right now.  See you soon, America!   

"...and in Christ you have been brought to fullness"  
Colossians 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment